You may or may not have heard that Amazon’s Prime Day 2018 starts at midday on Monday 16 July and runs until midnight on Tuesday 17.
Whole Foods is now part of Amazon and there are some Prime savings offered there as well. We don’t shop at Whole Foods often but decided to check it out. We thought it’d be interesting to compare the cost of some of the items spotted at Whole Foods vs Costco.
1) Honey Nut Cheerios. At Whole Foods – there’s a Buy One, Get One Free for Prime members currently. Cost= $2.99 for a 10.8 oz. With the Prime offer, unit price is 13.8 cents/oz.
Costco has a rebate for Honey Nut Cheerios currently as well. Unit price with rebate is 10.3 cents/oz.
2) This is not a direct comparison. The Whole Foods 365 Brand organic whole strawberries is priced at $7.99/2 lbs, unit price is $3.995/lb. At Costco, we just purchased the Kirkland Signature organic strawberry recently at $9.99/4 lbs, unit price is $2.498/lb.
The Whole Foods 365 Brand organic blueberries is priced at $8.99/2 lbs, unit price is $4.495/lb. At Costco, the Kirkland Signature organic blueberries is priced at $9.59/3 lbs, unit price is $3.197/lb. Sorry no current photos of the Kirkland frozen fruits. We purchase them frequently for smoothies and will upload some photos soon.
3) Amazing Grass Green Superfood. At Whole Foods, the individual packs are on sale for $1.09/pack. At Costco, we recently purchased a box with 30 packs for $19.49 or 65 cents/pack.
4) Orgain Organic Protein. At Whole Foods, Orgain is priced at $39.99 for 2.03 lbs. At Costco, it’s priced at $29.99 for 2.74 lbs but there’s currently a $7.50 rebate so the price is $22.49.
5) Vega Protein and Greens. At Whole Foods, it’s priced at $39.99 for 21.7 oz or $1.84/oz. At Costco, it’s priced at $29.99 for 35.3 oz or 84.96 cents/oz.
6) Vital Proteins Collagen Peptides. At Whole Foods, it’s priced at $49.99 for 20 oz or $2.50/oz. At Costco, it was priced at $44.99 for 36 oz or $1.25/oz.