We bought this Costco pre-marinated tri-tip somewhat on a whim a few weeks ago. It was $6.99/lb.
We wanted something different that weekend and were too lazy or tired to try a new recipe. When we saw the pre-marinated tri-tip, we were like “Why not?”
We found a good technique online and it turned out great!
We have a Weber Genesis grill with 3 burners – left, center and right. Here’s the way we grilled the tri-tip:
- Preheat grill to a temp of around 400F
- Then set left burner on medium, center and right burners on low
- Place tri-tip BETWEEN the center and right burner for 15 minutes (keep temp around 400F the whole time)
- Flip it over after 15 minutes
- Grill for another ~10 minutes or until thickest part is about 135F for medium
- Remove from grill and tent with foil for about 10 minutes
- Slice it and enjoy!
The tri-tip was really delicious and we enjoyed it tremendously! The only change we’d make for next time is to remove it a minute or two earlier so that is more medium rare.
One disadvantage of buying it pre-seasoned though is that it tends to be saltier than we’d like. But it’s something we can live with.
While supplies last. Inventory and pricing at your store may vary.