Our smartphones can navigate and provide driving directions so do we really need a standalone GPS? The Garmin Nuvi 2598 has one feature that our smartphones don’t have yet and that’s the HD Digital Traffic.
HD Digital Traffic receives updates up to every 30 seconds, which means it receives traffic messages about every half-mile. And we really like the fact that the traffic messages are spoken as well as appearing on the side of the map.
It’s voice-activated as well and responds to spoken requests
Other features include:
- Bright Display 5.0″ display with touchscreen
- Loaded with detailed maps of North America
- Free lifetime map and traffic updates
- HD Digital Traffic with voice-activated navigation
- Bluetooth Compatible
- Smartphone Link compatible, which connects Nuvi 2598 with Android smartphone
- Micro SD card compatible (not included)
The Garmin Nuvi 2598 is priced at $189.99 (also available online at Costco.com for the same price including shipping and handling).
Item number 856694.
Inventory and pricing at your store will vary and are subject to change at any time.
Do you have a Garmin GPS that has HD Digital Traffic? Does it work and how do you like it? Please let us know!