UPDATE 08/12/14: Cost of exams have increased by $5. An Eyeglass Exam now costs $54 and a Contact Lens Exam now costs $94.
PUBLISHED 10/04/13: Eye Exams are one of the auxiliary services offered at Costco. It’s been 5 years since my last exam so I figured it’s time to get them checked again.
An Eyeglass Exam costs $49 and includes an eye health evaluation and a prescription for eyeglasses.
A Contact Lens Exam costs $89 and includes the eye health evaluation and a contact lens prescription.
It’s quite amazing that the price has not changed in 5 years!
My health insurance has increased over 200% in that time and even doctors’ visits now cost me much more but the price of an eye exam is still the same at Costco.
There was a list of Examination Fees posted on the door.
– Examination for Glasses Prescription = $49
– Examination for Contact Lens Prescription
- Soft Spherical for Daily Wear, Extended Wear, or Disposable – $89
- Soft Monovision Spherical Daily Wear, Extended Wear, or Disposable – $99
- Soft Tonic Daily Wear, Extended Wear, or Disposable – $109
- Soft Bifocal Contact Lens Exam – $129
- Rigid Gas Permeable = $129
– Additional Services
- Contact Lens Training for First-time Wearers – $20
- Dilation – $20
- Visual Fields – $10
- Office Visit – $25
Exam Fees do NOT include a pair of glasses or a supply of contact lenses
All Contact Lens examination include a glasses prescription.
I’m not sure if the Optical Department at all Costco stores have the same hours but this one is closed on Tuesday.
Open Mon, Wed to Friday from 10am to 6.30pm.
Open Saturdays from 9.30am to 5.30pm and Sundays from 10am to 6pm.